Study in Japan Virtual Fair,
We will send you useful information and news about studying in Japan after your registration.
1. Basic Concept
Japan Student Services Organization (hereinafter referred to as "JASSO") is committed to respecting personal information and protecting the privacy of all individuals who use the official website of JASSO Study in Japan Virtual Fair (hereinafter referred to as the "JASSO Website").
2. Personal Information Collected
In general, JASSO will not collect personal information, by which a user is identifiable, such as names or addresses, when you visit the JASSO Website. Some services offered through the JASSO Website, however, require you to register personal information to receive or use such services.
- (1) Our services collecting your personal information
- Registration for fairs and seminars
- (2) Examples of personal information JASSO will collect
- Nationality, place of residence
- E-mail address
- Other information necessary for providing specific services
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
JASSO will use the personal data it has collected with respect to users for the following purposes. JASSO will use your personal data only to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes.
(1) Accepting user opinions and inquiries, and responding to such opinions and inquiries.
(2) Implementation and operation of services, events, seminars, etc., for which the user has registered.
(3) To conduct questionnaires concerning services, events, seminars, etc. in which users participate, and to grasp the outcomes of such services, events, seminars, etc.
(4) To provide information on JASSO's services, events and seminars.
(5) To improve JASSO services to make them more user-friendly.
(6) To analyze and collect statistics on users using JASSO's services.
(7) To achieve other purposes of use which were clearly indicated at the time of acquiring the personal data of users.
4. Cookies and Google Analytics
In addition, for purposes of improving the usability of this Website for users, this Website may record access logs, such as the client's IP address, date and time of access, link source, files accessed, browsers used, etc. We use log information automatically stored on the server and technology called “web beacons” and cookies to create such records. Services are provided using access data such as these cookies, access logs, and web beacons.
In addition, we use content sharing functions provided by social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook and the video streaming function of YouTube on the JASSO Website. Cookies issued by third parties such as these social media platforms are used to track information that is provided by users or is obtained from users’ use history.
5. Provision of Information to Third Parties
JASSO will not disclose personal information you provide JASSO via the JASSO Website to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
(1) JASSO has your consent.
(2) JASSO is required by law to disclose such information.
(3) JASSO shares your personal information with an agent which will work on our behalf and disclose such information to the agent to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work. In such cases, it is JASSO's policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
(4) Personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data.
6. Data Protection Measures
JASSO will take necessary measures to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of information it handles and to appropriately manage such information.
7. Scope of Application
8. Correction, Suspension and Disclosure of Use of Personal Information
If you would like to discontinue using any or all of JASSO’s services for which you registered your personal information or make changes to your registered information, you can do so at any time by following the applicable procedures. If no procedure has been provided for a service, please contact the following contact address.
When a user requests disclosure of their personal information, JASSO will disclose the personal information as appropriate to the circumstances of the request. Please refer to the JASSO’s regulations on protection of personal information.
Some social networking services (SNS) provide "buttons" that when included on other websites will cause personal information such as user IDs and information about sites visited to be automatically transmitted to the SNS even if the button is not clicked.
For information regarding the privacy policies of social media services used by this site, please refer to the websites of individual social media service providers.
11. Contact Information
Services Division, Student Exchange Department
Independent Administrative Institution Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
2-2-1 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8630 Japan
Published: July 20, 2021
Updated: August 7, 2021
(1) Essential Cookies: These cookies are required for the use of this website.
(2) Statistical Cookies: These cookies are used to analyze how this website are used.
(3) Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to display relevant content and advertising.
Some of the cookies used on this website are deleted when the user closes the browser, after a browser session ends. (Session cookies) Other cookies remain on the user’s device, and enable JASSO to recognize users’ browser the next time the user visit the website.(Persistent cookies) Furthermore, some of the cookies used on our website are provided by third party providers (so-called Third Party Cookies). Third Party Cookies are also used to track users’ browsing history and display appropriate advertisements. By accessing our website, Third Party Cookies will be sent from the advertising service providers mentioned in article 2. First Party Cookies (Essential Cookies) sent by JASSO are stored on the servers of each advertising service provider together with Third Party Cookies sent by each advertising service provider, and are managed in accordance with their respective privacy policies
2. How to Change Cookie Settings
Regarding behavioral targeting advertisement, the method of unsubscribing is described in the website of the advertising service providers described below. However, please be aware that if you delete all of these Cookies, you may be restricted in using the products and services provided by each company. Regarding Facebook Japan, out of the advertising service providers listed below, if the user is a Facebook user, the browsing history of the website will be collected and managed linked to the user’s information registered to Facebook.
- (2) Facebook Japan
3. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google Analytics uses some cookies to analyze how users use the website. The information generated by the cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
On this website, the IP anonymization of Google Analytics is activated. In this case, Google will anonymize the IP address. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be sent to and shortened by Google's servers in the United States.
On behalf of JASSO, Google analyzes users’ website usage and compiles reports. Google will not associate users’ IP address with any other data held by Google
Published: July 20, 2021
Updated: August 7, 2021
In case you cannot enter the registration form by clicking above button, please sign up from here!