1. Basic Concept
Japan Student Services Organization (hereinafter referred to as "JASSO") is committed to respecting personal information and protecting the privacy of all individuals who use the official website of JASSO Study in Japan Virtual Fair (hereinafter referred to as the "JASSO Website").
2. Collection of Personal Information
In general, JASSO will not collect personal information, by which a user is identifiable, such as names or addresses, when you visit the JASSO Website. Some services offered through the JASSO Website, however, require you to register personal information to receive or use such services.
(1) Our services collecting your personal information
①Registration for fairs and seminars
With regard to the personal information of users supplied in response to inquiries, such data is obtained by the Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE), a key JASSO outsourcing contractor. JICE then utilizes the information in question only to the extent necessary to reply to the inquiries, followed by its proper storage and management. JASSO maintains a contractual agreement with JICE to require the appropriate handling, avoid unauthorized disclosure and otherwise uphold the integrity of all user personal information.
(2) Examples of personal information JASSO will collect
Nationality, place of residence
Other information necessary for providing specific services
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
JASSO will use the personal data it has collected with respect to users for the following purposes. JASSO will use your personal data only to the extent necessary to achieve these purposes.
(1) Accepting user opinions and inquiries, and responding to such opinions and inquiries.
(2) Implementation and operation of services, events, seminars, etc., for which the user has registered.
(3) To conduct questionnaires concerning services, events, seminars, etc. in which users participate, and to grasp the outcomes of such services, events, seminars, etc.
(4) To provide information on JASSO's services, events and seminars.
(5) To improve JASSO services to make them more user-friendly.
(6) To analyze and collect statistics on users using JASSO's services.
(7) To achieve other purposes of use which were clearly indicated at the time of acquiring the personal data of users.
4. Cookies and Google Analytics
In addition, we use content sharing functions provided by social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram and the video streaming function of YouTube on the JASSO Website. Cookies issued by third parties such as these social media platforms are used to track information that is provided by users or is obtained from users’ use history.
JASSO may also analyze your interests based on your behavioral history on this Website, such as the date and time of access and the files you accessed, for the purpose of providing you with useful information, etc.
5. Placement of Advertisements on Third-Party Distributors
JASSO advertisements are carried on various Internet websites, including those of Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and other third-party distributors. Such third-party distributors (including the aforementioned Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and other social media platforms) utilize cookies and other identifying information to transform personal information owned by the JASSO website and personal information owned by third-party distributors into irreversible status, rendering it impossible to determine the identity of the party involved. This is followed by the process of matching by the third-party advertising distributors, leading to cases of advertisements being distributed on the basis of those results. Third-party distributors will not make use of such information for purposes other than the distribution of advertisements.
6. Provision of Information to Third Parties
JASSO will not disclose personal information you provide JASSO via the JASSO Website to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
(1) JASSO has your consent.
(2) JASSO is required by law to disclose such information.
(3) JASSO shares your personal information with an agent which will work on our behalf and disclose such information to the agent to the extent necessary to have the agent complete such work. In such cases, it is JASSO's policy to protect your personal information by concluding an agreement that obliges such agent to implement appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
(4) Personal data is processed and reduced to individually unidentifiable statistical data.
7. Data Protection Measures
JASSO will take necessary measures to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of information it handles and to appropriately manage such information.
8. Scope of Application
9. Correction, Suspension and Disclosure of Use of Personal Information
If you would like to discontinue using any or all of JASSO’s services for which you registered your personal information or make changes to your registered information, you can do so at any time by following the applicable procedures. If no procedure has been provided for a service, please contact the following contact address.
When a user requests disclosure of their personal information, JASSO will disclose the personal information as appropriate to the circumstances of the request. Please refer to the JASSO’s regulations on protection of personal information.
Some social networking services (SNS) provide "buttons" that when included on other websites will cause personal information such as user IDs and information about sites visited to be automatically transmitted to the SNS even if the button is not clicked.
For information regarding the privacy policies of social media services used by this site, please refer to the websites of individual social media service providers.
12. Contact Information
Study in Japan Unit, Information Services Division, Student Exchange Department
Independent Administrative Institution Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
2-2-1 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8630 Japan